Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fun Bags

I've had the urge to sew something the last couple of weeks.  Thank goodness JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby were having a good sale on fabric!  I'm good and stocked up for a while!!  The only problem is that I want to make something out of all the fabric I bought!!  Obviously I don't REALLY need that many purses or bags....well, maybe  :)
This is the first one I made.  It's actually my purse now, after cleaning out my current one and finding an HUGE amount of stuff hiding in all the pockets!  I totally love this one!!  I think it was a little out of my comfort zone, colors and patterns but I'm very happy with how it turned out!
The second I whipped up this afternoon!  It was a very easy one.  I used a pattern but I altered it a little to make it quick and easy.  Both purses have pockets on the inside.  I made this brown one with the intention of using it as a church bag, scriptures,  RS manual, the all important GUM for the kids!  It will be just right!!  My girls even asked if I made a pocket for the gum, LOL. Yes, there's a pocket for gum.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

Gum is very important! Cute bags. I love them. =)

Beth Hallgren said...

Becky,
I LOVE the first bag! What Pattern did you use?

theresa said...

Very nice bags. Very Pretty fabric!Did you use one of the Amy Butler patterns?