Saturday, April 12, 2008

The End of Spring Break




Well, I guess this was the end of spring break. Some parents would be happy to send their kids back to school. But me, I quite enjoy getting up at 8 or 9 in the morning. Not only do my kids have to get back in schedule but I do to. Back to early mornings for me.

We had a pretty busy week around here. Now that I have both of my sisters here in town I don't get as much done at home but all the little cousins sure have a good time playing together. I think we spent 3 afternoons at the park this week. The first day all the kids played on the playground toys. Cierra wanted to bring her softball stuff to play some ball so we took that along, as well as my softball stuff. After the kids played on the toys for a bit we all took turns batting. They all had such a good time. We then decided that the next day we needed to play a game of kick ball, so we did. I sure got my exercise that day. With only a few adults and a bunch of kids, kick ball was not as productive as it could have been so we switched back to taking turns batting. By the next day I was sore all over. It didn't help that the very same evening I went and played volleyball for a couple of hours.

Today we had very nice weather!!! So good in fact that the sprinkler I had on the dry grass was too much temptation for my boys. Mason and Spencer got entirely soaked, in their clothes. They started out jumping on the trampoline (away from the sprinkler). A few drops would hit them now and then. When I looked out the window a little later, they sprinkler had magically moved itself to UNDER the trampoline, and then ON the trampoline. How does that happen? :) It's not worth a fight, just strip down to your shorts! Of course Cierra couldn't resist and had to go grab her suit also and join in.

Whenever you had your spring break, I hope it was a good one!

No comments: