Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Long Naps into Late Nights

Why can't Carter decide to sleep for 4 hours straight AFTER 10pm?? He fell asleep as we went to the store this evening around 7 pm and stayed asleep in his car seat until I woke him up at nearly 11pm!!! It was a two edge sward. On one side I was able to have a quiet evening watching some tv with Alex, which I haven't gotten to do in a while. On the other hand...I'm blogging......it's 12:30am.....Carter's wide awake.....and a bit crabby so I can't really do much.

Today I decided to write down Carter's schedule. He has his two month appointment on Wednesday. I always hate it when the nurse asks "how many hours does he sleep at night, how many times does he wake up, does he nap during the day, how long" etc....HE'S AN INFANT...EAT SLEEP POOP. So I wanted to keep track and see how long he really is awake during the day. From about 11pm Sunday night until now, he's been awake about a total of 8 hours. The rest has been sleeping or eating or a combination of both. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: