Friday, March 21, 2008

The Big Clean-Out!!

Let the cleaning begin!! When we bought our house six years ago it was just the right size. Well, almost the right size, kitchen's always been a bit small. Anyway, that was with 2 girls and a brand new baby boy, now we have 2 girls and 2 boys and I feel like we are bursting at the seams. I have been without a craft room or craft "area" for a very long time and that is about to change. Yippeeeee!!! The previous owners used this room as a computer room. It's shared witht he water heater and the heat pump. When we moved in we also used it as a computer room for quite a while. Then when our girls got old enough to start using the computer we needed the computer to be upstairs where we could monitor it. Now this room has beocme the collect all room. You all know what I mean!!

We are in the process of taking our LONG family room downstairs and making it into a smaller family room the other half into a bedroom for our oldest. Needless to say, she is very excited!!!! She's never had her own room. So I have been given the task of cleaning out the downstairs in preparation of pulling down dry wall and pulling up carpet to do work down there. What a job!!! It's like packing up to move, really is a pain in the you know what. But I'm getting close...finally.

So back to the computer room. This will become my scrap room!!! I know, not real big but I'll take it. After a couple of years of having to take up the dining room table I'm ready for my own space. I'll probably keep the upper cabinets and get rid of that built in desk with cabinets and get my own table to fit in there. So here's the before pictures and when I get all done and moved in I'll post the after pictures. Hopefully it won't take long. Hubby is in charge of the whole remodle, bedroom, scap room etc. So we'll see how long it really takes. Wish me luck!


1 comment:

Kay said...

Congrats on getting your own scrap space!! That's still on my "someday list". ;)