So I did it again, missed a day but I am determined to get every day in even it I have to play catch up. Here's 6 more things I'm thankful for. Sometimes I try to list things on days when they relate to my day, sometimes not.
1. I am very grateful that I have a car that runs good and I don't have to worry about breaking down on the side of the road. That happened to me way before cell phones when I had the mustang and it was at night, yikes! So I love having a newer car that I can rely on. Especially now that it's getting colder out!
2. I'm grateful that I know how to sew. That goes right along with a while back to my Mom. She's great at sewing and I learned it all from her, the knowledge and the joy to do it. I love being able to make stuff for my kids and others. I'm not the greatest but I feel like I've gotten to the point where I can pick a pattern and sew it. Not pick a pattern just because it looks easy.
3. Preschool. All of my kids have gone to Westside Preschool here in Richland. I love their program and love their teachers. They are run out of a Christian Church that shares the building so they also teach small amounts of church related things. They say small prayer for snack time and ask for those who are not there to be remembered. I think it's great because maybe for some kids that's the only exposure to church they may get. Spencer has missed two days this week because he's felt so cruddy. I'm thankful for the days when he can go, and he LOVES to go to school. He asks every night if he has school the next day.
4. Harley. I already said that I was grateful for my kids but I have to put a plug in for Harley. Being the oldest she's kind of expected to behave like the oldest even if it's not said. She's awesome!!! She's a great little peacemaker in our home. She always tries to break up fights between siblings. One thing that I find humbling is that she tends to notice when I am at the end of my rope with the boys and she will take them under her wing and find something fun for them to do. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does I feel very grateful to her for her attitude. Don't get me wrong, she has her moments when she finds the boys frustrating also. I love that she is old enough to babysit. It's nice to be able to run to the store, or attend a meeting. Love her!!!
5. I'm grateful for where I live. Alex and I had a short stint in Vancouver, WA and we really liked it there. If we would have had work there early on we probably would have moved there and stayed. I think early on I may have gone many places and stayed. Things change once your kids get in school!!! I enjoy living in Richland. It's nice to be close to family. I also enjoy the climate here. I love the summers, being able to hang out at the pool is one of the things we look forward to. Now owning a boat it's great to live here because of the rivers. I've always enjoyed living near the rivers. I'm glad we don't get the earthquakes, tornadoes, scary California fires, 10 feet of snow (although more would be nice!), constant rain, hurricanes, major flooding and I'm sure there's more things I'm missing. I think it's just right here.
6. Music. I always have the radio on in the car. I like all kinds of music really but when we are in the car I usually have it on a country station. Sometimes I'll change the channel and then my kids are confused. I love the music on my blog. Sometimes I like to just get on the computer for the music. I think it was Kris or Allie who commented on music being able to put you in different moods and it's so true. I'm grateful that we have such a wide variety of music to choose from!