Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm still thankful!

It's not getting hard to think of things I'm thankful for but it is hard to get on here every day and write about them.

While Kris is thankful for central heating in her home (which I'm thankful for also) I am thankful for fireplaces. I have a little bit of comfort knowing that I can start a fire in my fireplace and not have to rely on Alex, although he does it much better! It's nice to know that if for some reason we don't have power that we can start up a fire and have at least part of our home toasty and warm. I think of it as part of preparedness :) Every home should have a fireplace!

I feel like I have continually dry skin! My hands are always dry. So I'm very grateful for lotion. I couldn't live without it!

Along with dry skin comes dry lips, at least for me. So I'm very happy to have chapstick and other lip moisturizers. I was shopping at Wal-Mart a while back and stocked up on my chapstick and the lady asked me how many purses I had. Ha ha. (a few) But I had to tell her that I have chapstick strategically placed everywhere, in my purse, in the car, in the kitchen cupboard, in the dresser in my room, I think I have one in my church bag too. It's a must have!

1 comment:

The Bartlett Family said...

I totally understand the chapstick thing! I am so bad with it that I have bought it at Costco - a 12 pack - many times! That isn't even counting the ones I get for the kids with the fun scents to keep them away from all of mine! It is somewhat of a sickness!